SVG 1.1 (Basic/Tiny) Schemata on RELAX-NG
This site provides the SVG 1.1 (and SVG 1.1 Basic and Tiny) schemata based on RELAX-NG. Now the status of the specification of SVG 1.1 is Recommendation in W3C.
- Get the zip-archive from this site.
- Unzip it(the directory "
svg11" will be generated).
- Validate SVG 1.1 documents with the set of schemata. For example, if you want to validate it with Jing, you can type the following command in the console window (such as MS-DOS prompt):
assuming that jing.jar, SVG documents and RELAX-NG schema exist in the same directory
- Java Version
java -jar jing.jar svg11.rng svgSample.svg
- .EXE version, MS-Java VM is required
jing svg11.rng svgSample.svg
If you need to validate SVG documents as SVG 1.1 Basic or Tiny, use
Using RELAX-NG Schema as a module
You can use these schemata as one of the modules in your own RELAX-NG Schema. Simply include
<include> element. You do not have to specify the namespace of SVG 1.1.
- Some of the datatypes of the elements and the attributes are not specified. Some of the datatypes are regarded as a simple "text".
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2002-2006 Yutaka Furubayashi (Poka-poka Dream Factory)
This RELAX-NG Schema on SVG 1.1 is available to be redistributed and/or modified under the terms of MIT (X11) Licence.
- Modified a licence under the term of MIT (X11) Licence.
- Added a licence term of GNU FDL.
- SVG 1.1 Basic and Tiny schemata were missing. Now I added them.
- Corrected a content of metadata element (EMPTY -> CDATA)
- Modified descriptions based on the specification of W3C Recommendation.
- Included SVG 1.1 Basic and Tiny schemata.
- Made a zip-archive for a convinience.
- Made this information document.
- Converted all of the modules of SVG 1.1 into RELAX-NG version.